Want to live longer?
Dr. Sanjay Gupta from CNN has a few very useful ways to “live to 100” years old. Here are five tips from a recent study:
- Never smoke – We all know that smoking is bad. It destroys your lungs and stops oxygen from getting to the places that it needs to be. If you are not sure what smoking does to your lungs, just do a simply Google search.
- Have 50 year screening tests – Colonoscopies and mammograms at age 50 are extremely important. You might not want to think about them or talk about them, but you need to make sure you do them to live a longer and healthier life.
- Take care of your bones – Calcium and Vitamin D are extremely important as you age. You bones are not as strong a they were when you were young.
- Weight resistance exercises – Yes cardio is great, but you need to make sure that your muscles stay strong as well. Your bones also need resistance on them to maintain their strength.
- Be social – Humans are supposed to be social animals. Get outside, call your friends, or make some new friends. You can always join a social group for whatever hobby you are interested in.
Learn more here: